Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Another day in the life...

So today started off like all the others. Eyes wide open and ready for anything. Right off the weather stopped me from going somewhere I needed to go. So it was back to hitting the keyboard and sending our resumes and applications.
It's getting frustrating because jobs in my industry are just not there. So, I have applied to places that I probably wouldn't have looked at if I wasn't getting to the critical point. I have been turned down by Best Buy, Fry's, Home Depot, Lowes, and probably 50 electric/electronic distributors. That is just the last 10 days. I've been turned down by HP, Dell and other computer manufacturers as well.
After 2 years I am now thinking my age has a lot to do with not securing employment. It isn't my work history for sure. I was at my last place one month short of 13 yrs. I was laid off because my boss says "I need to give myself a raise and can't do it with you here."

So, that's it for today. Time to let the eyes get a little rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment